bostjanQ
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bostjan Cvelbar

Veeam Exchange Explorer - PST export issue

Post by bostjanQ »

Hi.
Case number: 03924219

We are trying to export Exchange EDB mailbox to PST (the size of mailbox is larger then 50GB+).
The exporting last for couple of hours but at the end it throws an error: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation. 0x8007000E - Description: Not enough Memory resources are available to complete this operation. (Source: Outlook Data File).
Please advise how to deal with this issue. Thank you
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Veeam Exchange Explorer - PST export issue

Post by Gostev »

Hello, you did the right thing by opening a support case ! Let's now wait for the results of their research. Thanks!
bostjanQ
Influencer

Post by bostjanQ »

Hi. Still no response from support.
Anyone else had the same experience when exporting large public folders (from edb to pst)?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Bostjan,

Support for free Veeam products is provided on the "best-effort" basis and depends on the support staff availability so delays are expected. I would suggest checking the resource availability on the storage and RAM during the export - both on the source and target as an initial step.

Thanks
bostjanQ
Influencer

Post by bostjanQ »

Hi.

Thank you for all the replies.

Since I had three questions (cases) in the past 6 months opened with Veeam support and they all ended up with Veeam sales-force auto-replying me they are to busy to help customers with free products, I see that you guys take 'best effort" LITERALLY because in all three events a guy on sales force side maybe took half a minute of his/hers precious time to send me that 'message template" to get lost or pay.

I understand the logic that Veeam demands some charges to deal with support, but pls then don't advertise there is any "best effort" support because there isn't. Just say / advertise: pay or no support.

Anyway. Server has enough memory and also disk space isn't an issue so I believe it's a bad combination or some bug between veeam b&r and outlook client.

I guess only alternative I can think of in this moment would be to restore Exchange's EDB file and export public folder mailbox from it with any other third party product.

I have worked with lot of customers who have paid veeam products and a lot of them are using only community edition and I must say that I am disapointed with the support approach.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

bostjanQ wrote: Dec 30, 2019 9:42 ampls then don't advertise there is any "best effort" support because there isn't. Just say / advertise: pay or no support.
That would be totally wrong thing to say though - considering that in reality, our support answers about 25% of all CE cases opened each week.

Providing best effort support for free products has always been one of the cornerstones of our strategy, as it allows catching issues which escape our QC labs, thus making the product more reliable for everyone. The only thing that changed in 2019 is we're no longer able to process 100% of free support cases, as in previous years. This is due to CE adoption going through the roof, and sheer amount of free support cases opened these days... as you may know, our previous free VBR offering had 10x less features - so not a lot of functionality to support, and we could easily answer every single case. However, CE has completely changed the game.

And to give you one more useful insight: the fact that we're only able to process 1 out of 4 support cases does mean some prioritization has to take place between all free support cases. We've instructed support to prioritize cases which look like major product bugs, while de-prioritizing cases which appear to be rare and/or environment-specific problems. This in turn means there's little sense to open "help me find out what's wrong with this server" type of support cases. In the end, our support engineers are not free IT consultants paid out of Veeam budget :D
bostjanQ
Influencer

Post by bostjanQ »

Gostev, I like reading your newsletters but saying it totally wrong when all the three cases in the past months have been bounced with the same "auto-reply" from sales-force is wrong :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Not sure I follow your objection. Of course it's totally wrong to say "there's no best effort support" when our support engineers are in fact responding to about 25% of all CE cases opened every week?
bostjanQ
Influencer

Post by bostjanQ »

I just wanted to say that in three case 100% of them were rejected, that's it.
Anyway, no update on the issue because currently im debugging another issue (non veeam related). When I get additional information about the root of issue I will post it in this thread. Meanwhile, have a great weekend.
bostjanQ
Influencer

Post by bostjanQ »

p.s. - like the new newsletter though
bostjanQ
Influencer

Post by bostjanQ » 1 person likes this post

For others facing the same issue: after reinstalling office the problem with the export to PST has been solved. Thank you all for the replies and no hard feelings Gostev.