Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ptoro
Influencer
Liked: 5 times

Veeam infrastructure question ROBO vs another Veeam instance

Post by ptoro »

We currently have one Veeam server (v8) for two data centers. Each data center has it's own local repository as well as their own backup proxies. We were also doing Backup copy and hyper-v replication (via Veeam) between the two sites.

We are at the point of upgrading to v9 and would like to know if it makes sense to leverage "Remote Office/Branch Office enhancements" on the other site or to just make another veeam server on the second data center and try to use enterprise manager (have never used it).

If we do seperate veeam servers, how will they sync the repos (for the backup copies).

Thanks in advance
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam infrastructure question ROBO vs another Veeam inst

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
If you are on v9, I would suggest installing VBR Console on the secondary site rather than work with 2 backup servers.
The best thing about ROBO that you can perform local restores.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam infrastructure question ROBO vs another Veeam inst

Post by Vitaliy S. »

ptoro wrote:If we do seperate veeam servers, how will they sync the repos (for the backup copies).
If you install two separate Veeam backup servers, they will not be aware about each others repositories. Every backup server will be managing its own backup and backup copy jobs. If I were you I would stick to your current deployment scenario.