Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Post Reply
alex_ilie
Influencer
Posts: 24
Liked: never
Joined: Nov 11, 2010 8:41 am
Full Name: Alexandru Ilie
Contact:

Veeam Instant Recovery

Post by alex_ilie » May 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi. Regarding the Veeam Instant recovery thing, must Veeam Backup server have a connection with the iSCSI server whare the datastores are located? I am using , for example the network ip xxx.yyy.zzz.... for VmKernel, and service console on the esx host and fo rthe Veeam server and for the iSCSI server i use the network address aaa.bbb.ccc.... There is a nic in the ESX host configured as aaa.bbb.ccc.... and which is associated to a VmKernel port for connecting the ESX host to the iSCSI target. But the Veeam server and iSCSI server do not rely on the same network. The only connection between them is through ESX host. For running Instant recovery must the Veeam server have a nic configured with the same network address as the iSCSI target? Must these servers be in the same network as well? I get an error when i run the instant recovery. The error is "Failed to publish vm. Unable to mount vPower NFS volume. An error occured during host configuration.". I must say that i have created an extra VmKernel for Veeam as well and placed it on the same nic with the service console, but still does not work. Could someone provide me some suggestions? Thank you!

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 24473
Liked: 3413 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Veeam Instant Recovery

Post by Gostev » May 02, 2011 5:03 pm

alex_ilie wrote:Hi. Regarding the Veeam Instant recovery thing, must Veeam Backup server have a connection with the iSCSI server whare the datastores are located?
No
alex_ilie wrote:For running Instant recovery must the Veeam server have a nic configured with the same network address as the iSCSI target?
No
alex_ilie wrote:Must these servers be in the same network as well?
No
alex_ilie wrote:I get an error when i run the instant recovery. The error is "Failed to publish vm. Unable to mount vPower NFS volume. An error occured during host configuration.". I must say that i have created an extra VmKernel for Veeam as well and placed it on the same nic with the service console, but still does not work. Could someone provide me some suggestions? Thank you!
For any technical issues please contact support directly, as explained when you click New Topic.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 21 guests