Availability for the Always-On Enterprise
wa15
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Veeam Monthly Usage Report

Post by wa15 » Sep 01, 2017 5:42 am

Hey Veeamers!

I did a new Veeam install on a different site and I noticed that a month later, I received a "Monthly Usage Report" which gives a nice summary for all systems backed up on the Veeam server in question, along with the number of restore points and last restore point. This is very beneficial! However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out where this setting in Veeam is set! There is no Enterprise Backup Manager on this system.

I want to receive the same report on other independent Veeam servers. Any ideas?

v.Eremin
Veeam Software
Liked: 1166 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Monthly Usage Report

Post by v.Eremin » Sep 01, 2017 8:48 am

It's generated only for service providers licenses (Cloud Connect Service Provider, Hosting Rental and Perpetual licenses). Are you positive all serves have the same license type? Thanks.

wa15
Expert

Post by wa15 » Sep 01, 2017 4:33 pm

One is an Enterprise Plus Perpetual license and the other is Enterprise Perpetual license. Both stand-alone B&R, the former one is tied in to Enterprise Manager.

The one that's sending them out is the Enterprise one. None of the two servers have automatic license updated enabled per link. Does that mean that I can enable this report on both servers?

bhagen
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

[MERGED] Monthly Report?

Post by bhagen » Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I just received an emailed report called "August usage report for Veeam Backup & Replication" which gives a nice summary for all systems backed up. Column headings are: job name, instance name, instance type, restore points, last processed.

I like it; it's actually something I've been wanting, but...I have no idea where it came from, why it showed up, or how I can make it happen again.

We *only* have one instance of VBR Enterprise Edition 9.5.0.1038 (perpetual license) installed in our entire organization. No Enterprise Backup Manager, no Veeam One, nothing except VBR. (We also have some Agent for Windows "subscription" licenses.)

As I said, I like the report; clear and concise and I'd ideally like to have this report sent to me once a day (for a while), and to me and my bosses once a month.

Any ideas on where this is coming from and why, suddenly, it's showed up?

Any ideas on how to "manipulate" the generation of this report?

Thanks!

wa15
Expert

Post by wa15 » Sep 01, 2017 11:26 pm

This is very interesting, I am in the exact same boat!

Gostev
Veeam Software
Liked: 2977 times

Post by Gostev » Sep 03, 2017 5:32 pm

If you find the report useful, we can potentially make it available as an option for all license types - it should not be hard. Please help us understand how are you going to use this report, so that we could adjust it according to the specific use case - instead of being service provider centric. Thanks!

wa15
Expert

Post by wa15 » Sep 05, 2017 4:32 pm

That would be awesome.

In our case it's very nice to have an overview of everything that's backed up, the number of corresponding restore points and latest restore point. It's serving as a nice executive summary type report for senior members of the team. Hope that helps but any questions, let me know.

bhagen
Enthusiast

Post by bhagen » Sep 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Gostev wrote:If you find the report useful, we can potentially make it available as an option for all license types - it should not be hard. Please help us understand how are you going to use this report, so that we could adjust it according to the specific use case - instead of being service provider centric. Thanks!
Gostev, I like the report just as it is: "Job name, Instance name, Instance type, Restore points, Last processed". I really like that it reports on my Agent for Windows backups as well.

As I mentioned, I'd like to be able to schedule it as necessary...daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

andre.simard
Service Provider

Post by andre.simard » Sep 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi,
As SP we really like this repport to bill our client, the only thing is that we would like to generate a new report on demand with custom date range. As exemple, we would like to generate it for the last month, but not from the 1th to 30th but the 15th to 14th has exemple.

grantg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Grant G

Post by grantg » Mar 21, 2018 9:38 pm

I see it's been a while since this was active, but it doesn't look like the question really got answered?

We got these same summary emails with subject like "August usage report for Veeam Backup & Replication" at the end of each month, Aug-Dec 2017.

Then they stopped.

We're not sure why this report started or ended, but we liked it and want it back. We'd actually like a weekly option.

We have perpetual Enterprise Plus, and haven't changed any licenses. Support was renewed 11/2017.

The report footer says "Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.0.1038"

We've since updated to 9.5.0.1536, but it looks like that was in late Feb, so I would have expected to see a 1/31/2018 report if it were version-specific.

v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Post by v.Eremin » Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Owners of Veeam Cloud Connect rental license and/or Veeam Service Provider rental license must periodically submit a license usage report. To make their lives easier we've provided a functionality within our product to do that - Monthly Usage Report.

You should not have received this report previously, since you're using perpetual license. Most likely, it's been glitch or something.

Thanks.

JamesNT
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Summerlin

Post by JamesNT » Apr 04, 2018 4:42 pm

The issue I'm having is a client is getting this email once minute or so. Anyway to stop this? I'm the reseller so the client is using my license.

James

v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Post by v.Eremin » Apr 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Do you have Enterprise Manager deployed? If so, you can add backup server to it, so that reports will be generated only on EM, not on backup servers. Thanks.

JamesNT
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Summerlin

Post by JamesNT » Apr 09, 2018 1:05 am

No, only backup and replication is installed.

James

v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Post by v.Eremin » Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Then, you don't have an option to disable it. Thanks.