Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mohamednasri
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mohamed Nasri

Veeam per socket

Post by mohamednasri »

Hello,

I have a Veeam license that covers two sockets, and I've installed two separate Veeam VMs on two individual servers, each with one socket. Can I use the same license for both Veeam VMs, or do I need to contact support to split the license? Thank you.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam per socket

Post by Mildur »

Hello Mohamed

Welcome to the forum.
May I ask what's a Veeam VM? Veeam Backup & Replication installed on a windows machine?

You can use a single license for two backup server. But both backup server must be added to a Veeam Enterprise Manager for central management and monitoring of license usage: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Could you please share why are you using dedicated backup server for two virtualization hosts. A single backup server can protect VMs on both virtualization hosts. Do you have a special use case for having two backup server?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
mohamednasri
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mohamed Nasri

Post by mohamednasri »

thanks Fabian for ur answer,
Yes two windows server machine on ESXI
if i dont have and i dont need to install Veeam Entreprise Manager there is no solution to use both with signle licence ?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

You may ask our licensing support team to split a license. But I don't think they do it for a 2 socket license.

If they don't split the license, you will need enterprise manager as required by our license policy:
https://www.veeam.com/licensing-policy.html - Chapter 1.11 license key
Customers can use copies of the Software and one License Key to manage same or multiple Source Infrastructures. In this scenario, Customers are required to implement centralized license management (for example, Veeam Enterprise Manager) to control total license consumption and compliance with the licensing terms.
A single backup server can backup VMs on both ESXi hosts. There is no need to install a second backup server.
If you like to share why you require two backup server for two ESXI hosts, I may be able to give you a better recommendation.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software