Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
scolledge
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Sean Colledge

Veeam Restore from Parent Folders

Post by scolledge »

Hi,

I am sitting with a small but very annoying issue. Currently when doing a Guest file restore from a virtual host using Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 4, you can only select one Parent folder and all contents that is included in it, where as there is no option to select a parent folder, and exclude some of the child folders found within.

Is there something i am missing? is this a functionality that is a possibility in the near future?

I just find it hard to run our quaterly backups using Veeam, as we just moved over from Symantec, and they had the functionality to do so.

Thanks in advance.
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Veeam Restore from Parent Folders

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Sean,

Are you referring to Guest File Restore or Backup option?
I'm just confused as you also mentioned backups:
I just find it hard to run our quaterly backups using Veeam, as we just moved over from Symantec, and they had the functionality to do so.
Regarding Guest File Restore - in Backup browser you can just select multiple folders with either Ctrl + left click or Shift + left click inside the parent one
and choose to restore only them.

Oleg
scolledge
Influencer

Post by scolledge »

Hi Oleg,

My main use is the Guest File Restore.

Ill explain this in a situation,

We have folder A, B and C located under the Root of your HDD. In each of the mentioned folders, we have sub folders created. Lets call them A1-5, B1-5 and C1-5

In folder A, i want to restore folder A1, A4 and A5, in folder B, i want to restore folder B2 and B4 and in C i want to restore only C5.

In the current setup as it is, Veeam does not allow me to run the Guest file restore doing this in one scedule. If i want to restore it this way, i will need to do folder A first, then folder B then folder C. There are no check boxes where i can select the folders required and then restore them all at once. It will have to be done in increments, which does not allow for AFK restores. You will need to monitor progress, wait for it to complte, and then go to the next folder.

I hope this clears up my question.
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov » 1 person likes this post

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the clarification!
In this case, you can add multiple folders from different levels to Restore list in Enterprise Manager and then restore them all in one session.
Have a look at this guide.

Oleg
scolledge
Influencer

Post by scolledge »

Hi Oleg,

Thanks so much for the info! The Service provider we hired to setup our new environment never installed the Enterprise Manager. Doing some investigation after your message now, i found it and installed it and it works!

You can resolve this thread! Thanks so much for your help!

Regards

Sean