Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Caleb
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Caleb Vickers

Veeam Scheduler

Post by Caleb »

It would be very helpful to have the ability to set multiple static backup times for a job to run. The periodically doesn't work for my situation as it calculates the incremental count based on 24/7 instead of the "permitted" times. If that was fixed then I wouldn't be forced to run excessive full backups.

Actual Incremental count: 10 (2 per weekday)
Full: on Saturday
(2 created daily with a full on the 6th day)

Veeam Scheduler's calculated count: >60 and since I use Dell/EMC storage.

**Pretty pretty please?** :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Veeam Scheduler

Post by Gostev »

Not sure I understand this:
Caleb wrote: Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pmit calculates the incremental count based on 24/7 instead of the "permitted" times
There's no any sort of "incremental count" calculation going there. All this setting controls is when the job should start automatically. Whether the particular job run will do a full or an incremental backup depends solely on your full backup schedule, and what day is set there. While the "incremental count" is controlled by the retention algorithm, which is invoked at the end of the job to remove the oldest backups based on the job's retention policy settings.

But in any case, it definitely should be possible to achieve what you want with the Periodically option while avoiding excessive backups. To do that, you just set the job to run hourly, and block all hours except those when you do want the job to start.