Veeam Server 100 % CPU / RPC errors and backup failures

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: Veeam Server 100 % CPU / RPC errors and backup failures

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am

Hmmm,

I didn't know that. Since KB3216755 can also be installed on Server OS (which many did). But you are probably right and I checked the information on the system.data.dll and the versions are the same in both KB's which means the issue is still there.
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 366 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: 9.5/ReFS/Server 2016 Memory Consumption

Veeam Logoby Kas_Tigar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:48 am 1 person likes this post

Gostev wrote:Critical bug is in System.Data.dll and it will cause its process on backup server to eventually consume all available memory regardless of SQL Server location, so I recommend you uninstall it ASAP from the backup server at least. It *should* be OK to keep on repository servers though.

We do not have any repository on Backup Server. This Hotfix is installed on repository servers only. So should not be a problem.

Mike Resseler wrote:There seems to be a replacement KB now for KB3216755 but I don't know if the bug is fixed in that one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4010672

Yes, I installed this hotfix last week as well on all repository servers. I am not sure this hotfix address to solve this issue but after installing, no server hang was experienced any more.

I got another issue (compact job still failed but no server hang any more and the error is different) after installing this hotfix and working with veeam support to address it.
Kas_Tigar
Influencer

Liked: 2 times

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 am

Thanks Kas_Tigar for the updated information. Please keep us informed about the other issue also! Very much appreciated
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 366 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby mkretzer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:54 pm 2 people like this post

Sorry but this is kind of off-topic. The RPC issue has nothing to do with the REFS issues or the MS hotfix.

About the original RPC issue: Veeam support instructed us to create a FileCacheLimitPercent setting in Registry and set it to 0. Since then we had no issues. We are still not 100 % certain that it is finally solved but we are optimistic...
mkretzer
Expert

Liked: 74 times

Veeam Logoby DaStivi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 pm

anyone still having issues that veeam repository servers with refs used 100% CPU and sometimes freezes then??

as far as i understand every hotfix should be included in the latest cumulative hotfixes, as my server has build 14393.1358 it should have the fixes allready in?

it's a virtual proxy, and locked up all 8 vCPUs, even VMware console does only display blue screen, no logonscreen there...
DaStivi
Enthusiast

Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Stephan Lang

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:03 pm

I don't believe any ReFS-related hot fixes have made it to Windows Update yet.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2362 times

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication