Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Gary Chan
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam SQL server

Post by Gary Chan »

Hello everyone,

I cannot install Veeam backup and replication server while installing SQL server for Veeam. In our environment already installed SQL server 2008 for other service. I also checked article Veeam 7 is supporting SQL server 2008. Everyone has an experience for solving this issue OR reference link for creating database & instance manually for Veeam

Thanks so much!!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam SQL server

Post by foggy »

Gary, could you please clarify your initial problem. Do you get some kind of error while trying to install Veeam B&R and selecting to install new local SQL server instance? Could you please check whether the account you are using to run setup has enough privileges to install/create databases? If you have an already existing SQL Server instance, then you can point the installation towards this instance and Veeam B&R will create its database there.
Gary Chan
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Gary Chan »

Thank you your reply.

I select "Install new instance of SQL Server" option on which the Veeam Backup & Replication database installation by local administrator account. When installing Veeam B&R prompted a message as "Failed to install Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2 Express".
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Gary, I have removed the logs, as posting log snippets is against the forum rules (which are provided when you click New Topic). If you need help investigating the log files, you should open a support case and provide complete support log package.