Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Bourome
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Re: Veeam v11 and Synology Linux repository

Post by Bourome »

Re, after some research problem is resolv by checking "Non-root > Elevate account privileges".
But, another problem appear... This Synology is used by multiple Veeam server. before Datamover, all was OK but now, when serveur01 is running backup, port 6162 is locked and my serveur02 job crash. If you have an idea, i take ! Thanks again
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 305 times

Post by david.domask »

Hi @Bourome,

Unfortunately, sharing a hardened repository between VBR servers is not supported: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

> The hardened repository cannot be shared between different Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
Bourome
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by Bourome » 1 person likes this post

Hello David,

thank you for the link. I find a solution to my problem.
Firstly, i disable "immutable" backup. Its not my priority (I have ubuntu vm for that)
But port 6162 always locked.
The option who save my life is in advanced setting of my linux server, i check "Preferred TCP connection role > Run serveur on this side".
With this option, multiple job can work at the same time on my Synology Datamover port 6162.
B-C
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: B C

Post by B-C »

TitaniumCoder477 wrote: Jun 20, 2022 4:56 pm All VMs or just some in the job? Intermittent or constant? Also, please share screenshot or copy & paste of full log line w/ error message and details redacted if needed.
I'd have to dig up logs... & can't remember where they're at!

However - Upgraded another source vmware Host to a 10gb NIC and updated GBics to 10g on Core and all of a sudden the backups are starting to process...

- Potential hardware\driver issue that was probably showing up in the log somewhere - Like you were leading to!
Source Host is older R510 so tricky all around

GBIC / bad NIC Drivers / Using Same Cables though.

New Server Hardware showing up next week so crossing fingers I prepped enough SSD Storage for it.
footstep
Lurker

Post by footstep »

Hi all

We've ran into the issue "timeout to start agent" after updating our Synology to 7.1 as well. After the update the /tmp partition gets mounted with the noexec option which prevents the run-time Data Mover from running. Temporary workaround: sudo mount -o remount,exec /tmp
B-C
Novice
Full Name: B C

Post by B-C »

actually started working shortly after my post -

so the info was great!

only issue is a DSM Update will break so re-applying fix currently and rechecking backups
TonioRoffo
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Yves Smolders

Post by TonioRoffo »

Looks like all of this could be avoided using a docker or a lightweight VM on the synology instead, and do linux/XFS from there?
karsten123
Service Provider
Liked: 82 times
Full Name: Karsten Meja

Post by karsten123 »

interesting idea. do you have experiences from the wild?