Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Supraman
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Vinh

Veeam V12 and Windows Defender

Post by Supraman »

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone has experience any issue with having Veeam V12 along with windows Defender. Anyways we had just recently upgrade our server from 2012r2 to server 2016 and have Veeam V12 installed on the same device. After the upgraded I have notice a performance hit. Now I have applied the AV exclusions provided by Veeam kb1999 on all the Veeam resources and it had improved backing going to disk. However, what I have notice is things have been taking a lot longer to finished especially for tape/surebackup. Now looking at the Microsoft Defender logs I have notice there are indication of impacted with percentage while the Veeam runs. Now I am not sure if it is directly affecting Veeam, but I do notice that occurs while the Veeam process is running.

We are required to have windows defender installed on all of our servers down the road, so I am not sure anyone has experience/come across this issue.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam V12 and Windows Defender

Post by Mildur »

Hello Vinh

I'm not aware of any specific issue. What's does the bottleneck statistics say in your sessions?
If you have added all antivirus exclusions, the next step will be to open a case with our customer support.
A log collection will help us to confirm Windows Defender or any other component as a bottleneck. Then our support team will be able to make recommendations based on your infrastructure.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software