Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Post Reply
markfellows
Expert
Posts: 121
Liked: 6 times
Joined: Mar 24, 2010 12:15 pm
Full Name: Mark Fellows
Contact:

Veeam v7 Licensing Queries

Post by markfellows » Sep 09, 2013 2:49 pm

1. I’m looking to take advantage of the free upgrade to Veeam Essentials Enterprise Plus. I’m aware that the support renewal costs will be increased as a result of this. I’ve received a quote for the renewal and due to the new licensing scheme I’ve received costs per set of 2 sockets.

As we presently have two hosts (each with 2 sockets) would it be feasible to only renew support for 4 sockets and then add additional support for another 2 sockets if we ever decide to add a 3rd host (providing it only has two sockets).

2. A more generic licensing question. We’re looking to but a second VMWare essentials bundle for 3 planned hosts at our branch office locations. Would I be right in thinking that I couldn’t have a second copy of Veeam Essentials at HQ (where our current version is licensed) to back up the new hosts?

If this assumption is correct would it be okay to register and install Veeam Essentials at one of the remote offices to perform the backups?

foggy
Veeam Software
Posts: 18291
Liked: 1568 times
Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Contact:

Re: Veeam v7 Licensing Queries

Post by foggy » Sep 09, 2013 3:04 pm

markfellows wrote:As we presently have two hosts (each with 2 sockets) would it be feasible to only renew support for 4 sockets and then add additional support for another 2 sockets if we ever decide to add a 3rd host (providing it only has two sockets).
I believe so.
markfellows wrote:2. A more generic licensing question. We’re looking to but a second VMWare essentials bundle for 3 planned hosts at our branch office locations. Would I be right in thinking that I couldn’t have a second copy of Veeam Essentials at HQ (where our current version is licensed) to back up the new hosts?
Yes.
markfellows wrote:If this assumption is correct would it be okay to register and install Veeam Essentials at one of the remote offices to perform the backups?
Assuming they will protect different hosts, yes.

Also, I encourage you to contact your sales rep for additional information, since people behind this forum are not deeply involved in licensing questions. Thanks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], millforce and 38 guests