Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Scouserste81
Novice
Liked: 7 times

Veeam = Versatility

Post by Scouserste81 » 7 people like this post

So we all have Veeam, we all use it daily and it's the job someone always hates... Doing those early morning checks that a companies data is secure and copied safely again.

Well my experience with Veeam of late has been much more than just the usual daily review.

Firstly we chose to use Veeam replication to relocate a company into our central server environment... This had never been done before by our team. Veeam made the whole process reliable and simple,it allowed us to do seed and none seeded replication of data and before cut over and allowed us the confidence to know the data was in the correct place and removed the Big Bang copy on change over weekend.

Not only did Veeam help ensure we had the data in the correct place... Failover to the new servers was a breeze, Veeam booted then up, gave them there new IP addresses and virtual interfaces.

After this I thought Veeam was a great tool but yet again it helped for a different reason last week when our network was hit by Ransomware on a Zero Day attack, Yes we were that unlucky.

I here you say why don't you use volume shadow copies... We do..! However, this strand of Ransomware attempted to remove these copies and so Veeam became the tool of choice.

Within minutes due to Veeam restore methods I had the backup copy of data online and able to start the process of recovering lost files... All without a hiccup... Again well done Veeam.

We are looking at business cases to increase Veeam licensing now enabling us to integrate with Netapp when V8 arrives... If this feature is as good as the rest of the Veeam product it will be a force to be reckoned with.

Keep up the good work Veeam.
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Re: Veeam = Versatility

Post by dellock6 »

Thanks for the really nice feedback! :)

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: Veeam = Versatility

Post by Gostev »

Yes, thank you very much for taking time to post this!
This type of feedback makes our devs very happy ;)