Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nigejn
Novice
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Nigel Newsom

Veeam WAN Accelerator

Post by nigejn »

Hi All

I'm just getting to grips with the Backup Copy (WAN). I've created Active Full backups and copies these over to the Remote Site (Currently Local) and Mapped these backups, all seems OK. Now I've just ran a normal backup which the Backup Copy has picked up but the Job Progress is just saying Processing 'Server Name' and this has been running for 50 mins so far, is the process done on the WAN Accelerator Host or the Backup Proxy?

Backup Setup is

Local
Veeam Server+Proxy+WAN (Virtual - 4 Virtual CPU 8 GB RAM)
Backup Repositories (Windows Storage Server) (Dual Atom - 4GB RAM)

Remote (Currently Local to Local Site for testing)
Proxy+WAN (Physical - Dual Core 4 GB RAM)
Backup Repositories (Windows Storage Server) (Dual Atom - 4GB RAM)

Test VM is 30GB

Thanks

Nigel
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam WAN Accelerator

Post by foggy »

Nigel, ordinary backup job does not have anything common with WAN accelerators, so the reason of the job stuck should be in something else. I suggest contacting our technical support as job debug logs will clearly tell what does the backup job do at this moment. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Also, if you’re still a little bit anxious about the consequences of backup copy job utilization, it might be worth disabling backup copy job temporarily and seeing whether it changes the said behaviour or not. Thanks.
nigejn
Novice
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Nigel Newsom

Post by nigejn »

Hi All

Its seems its not a problem with Veeam as the File server holding the backups started working incredibility slowly and then crashed. All seems OK at the moment.

Thank You

Nigel