Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bolnetworks
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Bol Networks

Veeambackup over adsl line

Post by bolnetworks »

Hello,

Can anybody tell me if veeambackup is running well over a adsl line with vpn tunneling.
I've tried it with a 512kbps line but it is far too slow. The first backup on the NAS on the other location has already been running a first time from base network (1Gbps) so only changes has to go over the line.

Anyone experience with veeambackup over adsl/SDSL?

Arie Rietkerk
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeambackup over adsl line

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Arie, 512kbps is a way too slow link, but you may try using HyperIP as an acceleration tool to speed things up. Furthermore, we have partnered with HyperIP and inroduced a promo, that might be interesting for you:
http://www.netex.com/products/hyperip/v ... rip-bundle

Also please make sure you've met all the requirements for CBT to work:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... lock#p8858

Thank you!
bolnetworks
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Bol Networks

Post by bolnetworks »

What is too slow? which speed is enough to use Veeambackup over adsl?

Arie Rietkerk
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Arie, you see, everything depends on the WAN link you are using, especially on its characteristics (latency, channel speed and packet losses), apparently 512kbps line will be enough to run your replication jobs, though I believe the processing rate might be very slow.

If the job performance is concerned, try uploading any large file to the destination site to predict the figures. If the results are acceptable for you then feel free to use 512 kbps line.

Besides, If you try to search the forums, you'll find more examples on the exact lines used to replicate over WAN. Hope it helps!