Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AdamWay
Novice
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Adam Way

Veeamzip Backup failed

Post by AdamWay »

Hi all,

I am looking to decommission a hand full of VMs, they have been powered off for a while and are not part of a current backup job.

We have Veeam BnR v9 Enterprise Plus, I'm looking to use VeeamZip to create a 1 off backup. I have used this in the past with no issues but currently running v9.0.0.1491 and the job sits waiting for resources.
Eventually the job fails and in the job log it reports;
Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Failed to obtain resource availability: <random_veeam_proxy.domain.com>

When I chose the VM to backup I am presented with the window to select the repository, auto delete, and disable guest processing.
I don't see a way to select what proxy to use and it seems that it's choosing one at random, am I missing something?

Thanks
Adam

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeamzip Backup failed

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Adam,

You may need to increase the maximum concurrent tasks on the said proxy. Probably, you have other backup jobs running and all proxy ‘slots’ are busy.
AdamWay
Novice
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Adam Way

Re: Veeamzip Backup failed

Post by AdamWay »

I have tried it again and it still fails and there are currently 0 other jobs running. I still don't see anywhere to define which proxy it will use as it seems to be randomly selected.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk