Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TWS
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Shohreh

Very Low Performance at Veeam version 5.0.1.198

Post by TWS »

Hi there,

I have installed Veeam backup 5.0.1.198 x64 since a while ago on a Virtual Machine with below definition:

4 CPU: 3GHz
RAM: 12GB
Platform: Win server Std 2008 R2.

When I run backup jobs at Veeam GUI, jobs rate are very low and
they fails contentiously while some times they finish successfully.

I set compression level to low and storage to LAN Target to reduce CPU usage in my server but it still
does not work for me and when jobs are running I receive high CPU and RAM usage in server performance.

I also group virtual machines to reduce duplication but still no performance improvement.

Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Tank you
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Very Low Performance at Veeam version 5.0.1.198

Post by veremin »

What is the reason of using such an old product version that even isn’t supported any longer. It’s certainly worth upgrading to the most up-to-date version (7.0), because a variety of issues have been solved and number of improvements/fixes have been introduced there, including serious performance enhancements.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

How many jobs do you run at the same time? Try starting only one and check the performance, however I do agree with Vladimir, that using our latest version would be a better idea for troubleshooting your jobs performance.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Post by Gostev »

This version is almost 3 years old, and it's simply no longer supported, so you do need to upgrade before our support is able to troubleshoot this for you. Perhaps troubleshooting will not be even necessary though, because starting v6, backup jobs have automated bottleneck analysis built-in. These stats clearly shows you the "weakest" element of your backup infrastructure.