Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
adapto
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Matt Thomas

Virtual Lab Access

Post by adapto »

Hi,

I have created a virtual lab with 3 servers (A DC and two application servers), all seems to work OK I can run the sure backup job and everything gets powered on the hearbeat and ping tests work OK, I am now trying to access the servers from the production network.

If I use VMware console to access the servers I can log on fine, and everything seems to be working so I am now trying to access the servers from the production network, to do this I started by trying to RDP to the recovered servers from the Veeam Backup Server, the RDP session starts and I get a logon prompt but I cannot log on, I just get errors saying the domain is unavailable.

Please can you confirm that this should work, and assuming it should can you shed any light on why I might be getting the problem.

Thanks

Matt
Alexey D.

Re: Virtual Lab Access

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Matt,

Looks like the DC in your application group hasn't started in a proper way / hasn't had enough time to boot and finish all preparations. So, most probably, it is inaccessible from your client machines - that's why you cannot login using RDP (however, your local logon with vSphere client succeeded because in some cases it is possible to log in even if DC is not available).

I would recommend you to take a look at Event Logs (both for DC and application servers) and check the status of DNS service. Do you see any errors?
adapto
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Matt Thomas

Post by adapto »

Checked the logs and DC is saying it can't find a DC, so I have given it the PDC role in the production environment redone the back and retried the lab and it works OK.

Thanks,

Matt
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Glad you figured that out. Looks like with "PDC emulator" role it doesn't have to sync with other DCs and thus can continue functioning.