Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ecolombo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Etienne COLOMBO

VM Backup Failed

Post by ecolombo »

Hello,

I use veeam v3 to backup two virtual machines named SRVTSE3 and SRVTSE4. My ESX Server version 3.5.

Since monday all the backup failed. This error message appear:

"Repairing backup from previous rollback Repair of backup "SRVTSE3" machine was unsuccessful Undir failed Client error: Failed to retrieve value from the binary stream: received less bytes (0) than expected (4). Storage directory corrupted, has invalid structure or unsupportedversion. Storage name: [Backup Srvesx12009-10-21T220033.vrb]. VeeamFS storage cannot be opened. Storage: [/vmfs/volumes/NFS:INA
S/Backup Srvesx12009-10-21T220033.vrb]. Read-only mode: [false]. Cannot handle [undir] command. VBK: [/vmfs/volumes/NFS:INAS/Backup Srvesx12009-10-21T220033.vrb]. Patch: []."

Could you help me ?

Best Regards,

Etienne
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VM Backup Failed

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Etienne,

It seems like your previous run corrupted the backup, so to see what was the cause of it, we need to have a look at this particular job log which can be found at Help | Support information. Please send us the logs to support@veeam.com

Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: VM Backup Failed

Post by Gostev »

Sounds like backup file got corrupted due to the storage issue. Try to re-create the job, it should work fine after this. Also, I recommend that you update to Veeam Backup 4.0. Our new version has transactional backup storage (think FAT vs. NTFS) with some level of redundancy helping to mitigate/fix storage corruption problems.