- Posts: 19
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Dec 11, 2009 8:58 am
- Full Name: MC
I have a couple of questions regarding the VM copy option in Veeam 4.
1. Does the block level changes option work? during the realtime progress it says it is using it (Backup mode: NBD with changed block tracking) but the second copy takes just as long with a VM which is basically inactive
2. Is it possible to run a automate a command to run once the VMcopy job as completed.
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 29891
- Liked: 5841 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
1. VM copy jobs perform full VM image copy each time. It is simply not designed to be used for constant backup/replication. We have Backup and Replication jobs for that, incremental processing is available there. Replication job also creates unmodified VMs on target, just like Hot VM Copy (instead of putting the data into highly compressed and deduplicated backup file).
2. Yes, as for any other job, there is a command line available in the Summary pane on the last step of job's wizard.
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 17 guests