VMCE v9 - Another exam to take

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: VMCE v9 - Another exam to take

Veeam Logoby haslund » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:42 am

Sorry for hear about that and this is obviously not how we would like to operate - let me help you make this right.

I can see you in my system as having passed the VMCE v8 exam on November 12th 2015 with a 80% score (congrats! that's a nice score 8) )
For sitting the exam at Pearson VUE you used your personal e-mail (@outlook.com).

To obtain VMCE certification it is also a requirement to have attended a VMCE class, so I looked your name up in my list of class attendees.
I'm not sure if this is indeed you, but I can see a Greg Lamb attended a VMCE class in December 2014, however with a corporate/work e-mail.
If this is you, it may simply be the case of the system not seeing a match between a classroom attendee and a exam passer.

If you are indeed the Greg Lamb who attended the December 2014 class, please e-mail from your corporate/work e-mail to rasmus.haslund(-at-)veeam.com and I will get this sorted asap for you.
If you don't have access to that e-mail anymore, don't worry, just e-mail me all the details you do have and make sure to write which e-mail was your work e-mail at the time so I have some verification.

Looking forward to assisting you.
Rasmus Haslund
Principal Technologist, Global Education Services @ Veeam Software
Veeam Certified Architect #1 | Veeam Certified Trainer #4 [v7,v8,v9] | Veeam Certified Trainer Mentor #1
Twitter: @haslund
Blog: www.perfectcloud.org
haslund
Veeam Software

Liked: 50 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Vue Pearson agony!!!

I received an email today saying that my exam needed to be rescheduled, no reason given. I phoned Vue Pearson and was put on hold for a long time then told that I had asked for accommodations... I did not understand them (what did I want to spend the night?), the lady was nice but told me that she could not tell and it could be language time extension, I told her that unless judging by my last name they assumed my first language was Irish (Gaelic), then I can't see how that would happen. So she transferred me to the top secret accommodation section, who told me that I had requested something to do with the screen resolution, which I had not. They kept me on the phone for a long time then transferred me to a rescheduling agent who I told that I did not need any accommodations so I would prefer not to reschedule, so I am now on hold for the 3 or 4th time while she contacts the accommodation section again. Now I am told that I need to write an email to the accommodation section for them to cancel this and then I need to call the other section and reschedule my exam. What a bloody mess!! Thought I would share this with you all in case people have had similar problems
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Veeam Logoby haslund » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:19 pm

This should not be happening. Thank you sending me all relevant details via e-mail (as requested in PM).
Our VMCE program manager is pursuing Pearson VUE as I am writing this.

I will let you know directly when I know more.
Rasmus Haslund
Veeam Certified Architect #1 | Veeam Certified Trainer #4 [v7,v8,v9] | Veeam Certified Trainer Mentor #1
haslund
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:42 pm 2 people like this post

Thanks, I really appreciate this. Honestly it would have been funny if the joke was not on me. I was transferred 3 times, and finally after more than an hour ended up being transferred to the rescheduling team who were given the wrong candidate Id and told nothing about the Accommodation issue. In frustration I finally (nicely to the lady) said,, can we just not cancel this supposed request for screen resolution whatever since I have no need for this... To which I was asked to write an email asking for this to be done and then when they replied I would be allowed to phone back and reschedule. Something out of one of Kafka's novels or Bulgakov's :)
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:50 pm 2 people like this post

Hi Folks,

Just an update Veeam got involved and got things moving for me. Thanks Rasmus
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:00 pm 2 people like this post

Passed the exam today. Yesterday Vue Pearson called me first and apologized and helped me reschedule.. funny before Rasmus and Veeam got involved they were playing ping pong (with me as the ball) testing their phone system. :) So again Thanks Veeam for sorting this out. As for the exam.. apart from studying make sure you really read the questions and look for certain words that can change the entire result of the answer :)

My last question (I will soon get my blog status changed from "enthusiast" to "pain in the... a") How long does it take for the VMCE web page to show that I am a VMCE? and I guess when to I get my welcome pack :)

cheers
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby Greg Lamb » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:47 pm 3 people like this post

Hi Everyone,

Status update: Rasmus was able to help get things moving and am now officially VMCE certified. On-deck is the v9 upgrade course. Thanks Rasmus!
Greg Lamb
Novice

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Greg Lamb

Veeam Logoby picaroon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:17 am

Yesterday I viewed the 'What's new' course for VMCE v9, but the 'My certification' page still says I haven't completed the course. Any idea?
picaroon
Influencer

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jeltsen Haagsma

Veeam Logoby haslund » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:24 am

picaroon wrote:Yesterday I viewed the 'What's new' course for VMCE v9, but the 'My certification' page still says I haven't completed the course. Any idea?

I can confirm you are VMCE v8 certified and that you have completed the What's New course for VMCE v9.
Let me investigate this issue for you and I will send you a PM when I have more information.
Rasmus Haslund
haslund
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:32 am

Hi Rasmus,

I am really sorry to bug you. I have written the NA fellow but get no reply. Could you check mine as well. I passed the test last Wednesday so this is now day 8. You have been very helpful with all of this. My only suggestion to Veeam would be to include in the VMCE emails a note that confirmation of status will take so many days etc.. This is not a cheap certification and you can imagine financial types in our companies running around saying "Hey you said you passed so......" :) Not blaming any of my colleagues of course :)
Anyways I again apologize for bugging you especially when you were on vacation.
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby haslund » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am

ober72 wrote:Hi Rasmus,

I am really sorry to bug you. I have written the NA fellow but get no reply. Could you check mine as well. I passed the test last Wednesday so this is now day 8. You have been very helpful with all of this. My only suggestion to Veeam would be to include in the VMCE emails a note that confirmation of status will take so many days etc.. This is not a cheap certification and you can imagine financial types in our companies running around saying "Hey you said you passed so......" :) Not blaming any of my colleagues of course :)

No problem at all, I'm already investigating this and will reply to you via PM (since it seems for some reason you didn't get my last e-mail). Happy to help.
Rasmus Haslund
haslund
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm 2 people like this post

Yeah, sorry I did not seem to get it. Thanks again. I will say one thing the Veeam forum is one of the best that I have ever dealt with for any of my issues with a product. It is a very powerful resource

cheers

Geoff
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:52 pm 2 people like this post

Rasmus gets my vote for Veeam Employee of the Month, issue fixed.. I guess if he shows up in my city I will be buying the beer :)

Thanks Rasmus!!!!!
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:46 pm

That's very nice of Rasmus of course, but please keep in mind that this is a public forum thread. Everyone who ever posted in this topic are keep getting notifications on the new posts, and these posts have not been particularly useful to the masses lately, to say the least :D

Going forward, please use private messages for resolving individual certification issues.

Thank you for understanding!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2349 times

Veeam Logoby haslund » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:52 pm

For reference, in case anyone needs assistance in the future reg. VMCE, please contact our VMCE program managers:
VMCE.Support.EMEA(-at-)veeam.com (EMEA region)
mark.johnston(-at-)veeam.com (NA region)
Sara.Wilson(-at-)veeam.com (LATAM region)

Thank you in advance.
Rasmus Haslund
haslund
Veeam Software

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication