Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
unsichtbarre
Service Provider
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: John Borhek

VPN Suggestions for Windows

Post by unsichtbarre »

I will be configuring Veeam B&R at a partner location next week (replication from partner to us) and I was hoping to get some suggestions about preferred VPN technology.

There are some limitations, the partner uses a shared facility and we do not have any/full access to the firewall (Sonicwall) at their location - so there goes the first choice of creating a VPN from their Firewall to our Firewall.

What I am interested in doing is creating the VPN directly from their Veeam B&R server, either to our firewall or to an appliance running in our environment.

Any suggestions about working software VPN or other technologies will be appreciated.

THX
John Borhek, Solutions Architect
https://vmsources.com
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: VPN Suggestions for Windows

Post by veremin »

Any suggestions about working software VPN or other technologies will be appreciated.
What about using Tinc utility? According to the users, it has proven to be totally reliable solution.

Thanks.
unsichtbarre
Service Provider
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: John Borhek

Post by unsichtbarre »

Great suggestion! I went back pages and pages and didn't find the posts you referenced.

Thanks!
John Borhek, Solutions Architect
https://vmsources.com
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You’re welcome; should any additional help be needed don’t hesitate to let us know. Thanks.