Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
masonit
Service Provider
Liked: 23 times
Full Name: Maso

Wan accelerator behind NAT

Post by masonit »

Hi

All trafic from our Veeam environment to other networks flow through a NAT. Now I am trying to setup remote site backup and copy job backup with wan accelerator.

At the remote site I have setup a Windows server with proxy and wan accelerator roles. Backup runs fine at remote site and also copy job from remote site to hq runs fine with direct transport mode. I am using "Run server on this side" on the remote proxy because of the NAT. Now I am trying to use wan accelerator and I can't get it to work. The "Run server on this side" dosen't seem to work with wan accelerator.

Wan accelerator traffic from hq to remote site works fine. But when remote site (wan source) tries to connect to hq (wan target). It tries to connect to the internal ip-adress. That will never work.. :)
I need Veeam to connnect to NAT ip instead. When using instant restore the virtual environment tries to connect to Veeam by using dns name. Then I can point the traffic to any ip-adress I want and portforward the traffic. But that doesn't seem to work with wan accelerator. It only tries to connect using ip-adress. How can I point Veeam to the right ip-adress?

\Masonit
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Wan accelerator behind NAT

Post by foggy »

Is HQ WAN accelerator added to Veeam B&R console by its internal IP? Source WAN accelerator tries to connect to the target one via the address that is resolved on Veeam B&R console. You can use hosts file to resolve HQ WAN accelerator into its external (NAT) address, I believe support is able to assist you with this.
masonit
Service Provider
Liked: 23 times
Full Name: Maso

Re: Wan accelerator behind NAT

Post by masonit »

foggy wrote:Is HQ WAN accelerator added to Veeam B&R console by its internal IP? Source WAN accelerator tries to connect to the target one via the address that is resolved on Veeam B&R console. You can use hosts file to resolve HQ WAN accelerator into its external (NAT) address, I believe support is able to assist you with this.
OK, thanks. I will contact support.

\Masonit
Gve
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Guillaume

[MERGED] Wan Accelerator over NAT

Post by Gve »

Hello
I try to use Wan Accelerator in a scenario with 2 hyperV replicated over a Public WAN
On a DR site a Have a NAT router who translate all ports to HyperV Replica seveur (All ports for test purpose only :) )
The replication Work fine without Wan Accelerator
All the communication between Main and DR site Works.
But when I add the wan acceleror, the jobs fail with this error :
Target Wan Accelerator Error : Unable to initialize remote target session connection : All aliases have failed.
Is Target wan acceleror need to etablish an incomming to connexion to main site ?

There is someone have successfully use Wan Acceleror over a NAT connexion ?

Sorry for my english i'm french :)
A case was opened 1 hours ago.
Support case ID : 00892692
Regards
Gve
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Guillaume

Re: Wan Accelerator over NAT

Post by Gve »

Gve wrote:
There is someone have successfully use Wan Acceleror over a NAT connexion ?

Presision : I can configure NAT router only on DR site. The main site NAT router is locked by FAI.