Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
George
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: George

WAN Setup

Post by George »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you know anything about setting up a WAN configuration or the best practice for doing so.

I currently have one site and I'm backing up locally to my Veeam Backup Server. What i would like to do is take the backups i have, put them on a server i have in another (off site) location and carry on the backups from there.

I'm just a little stuck on the configurations and what i should do to get the backups running as if nothing had changed.

If any of you guys know anything or could give me some details on what to do that would be great!

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: WAN Setup

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If I got you correct, first of all you need to install remote repository,then move all backup files stored on the source site to the DR site, import backup files to this repository by performing rescan operation and finally map backup job to these backup files to continue running incremental passes. Hope this helps!
George
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: George

Post by George »

Hi Thanks for the update on this.

What do i need to do to install Veeam Installer Service?

I would like to create a proxy server to act as my repository etc.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If you want this new remote backup repository to act as a proxy server also, then just create new proxy using VBR console specifying this server name. Thanks.