Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Windows FLR and Mount servers

Post by ian0x0r »

Quick question, with a mount server defined on a backup repository, be that local partition or a SMB share. When running the Windows FLR, would you expect to see the files mount in C:\VeeamFLR on the Veeam Backup and Replication server OR on the c:\VeeamFLR of the mount server?

My understanding is that it should be the mount server that the FLR mounts to as per https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95 but the behavior I witness is that regardless of backup repository/mount server combo being restored from, the recovery always seems to mount on the Veeam Backup and Replication server. Is that expected behavior in Veeam 9.5 U3?

Thanks,

Ian
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Windows FLR and Mount servers

Post by foggy »

Hi Ian, initial mount (with the purpose of browsing files) is performed on the server initiated the restore - i.e. backup server or console. Actual restore to original location uses mount to the mount server, if it is configured on different server (or to the backup server otherwise).
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Post by ian0x0r »

Ah cool, that makes a bit more sense.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Ian
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Post by Cragdoo »

So I have a similar question, but with a twist.

I am trying to do a FLR, but in my case the repo was in a VRF, that couldn't reach the target hosts/VMs. So I've set the mount server *back* to the VBR server. Do I need to run an active full for the new mount settings to take? Is there any other way to force the FLR to use a different mount server?
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Post by Cragdoo »

found out the mount server is on the repo, have changed this to the VBR server (and a little network config) all good now. Apologies for jumping in.