- Posts: 315
- Liked: 37 times
- Joined: Sep 29, 2010 3:37 pm
Right now I have a windows proxy and a linux repo. I was considering combining them and just having one Windows Proxy/Repo. I only ever have a replication job or a backup job running never both at the same time.
Any disadvantages doing this?
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 26513
- Liked: 4152 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
Advantages of this approach are:
- Backup traffic does not have to go over the network from proxy to repository, which is a good thing
- vPower NFS server is local to repository, providing for better performance (Linux repositories can only use remote vPower NFS servers)
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 50 guests