Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
DKMRHolm
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Roos Holm

Lab Groups and Custom Scripts

Post by DKMRHolm »

Hello.

I am currently working on a POC with VDRO. I have added a custom script step to one VM in a Lab Group in the DataLab and this is skipped by VDRO every time with a messsage saying it is being skipped because the lab has state starting. It has been configured to run during tests.

Is it only possible to use the built-in steps with VMs in a Lab Group? The exact same script is executed by VDRO and works if I use it in a VM in an Orchestration Plan.

Kind regards,
Martin
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Lab Groups and Custom Scripts

Post by Alec King »

Hello Martin,

It should be possible to use Custom Script steps in Lab Group VMs. All steps should work.
The error message is strange as it seems the lab gets stuck in a Starting... state. VM steps should not be executed until the lab is fully running.

Could you please open a support case with us? That's the easiest way for us to check the configuration. You can post the case ID here when you get one.

Thanks!
DKMRHolm
Novice

Post by DKMRHolm »

Thanks Alec!

I will create the case on Monday.

/Martin
DKMRHolm
Novice

Post by DKMRHolm »

Hey.

I've had absolutely no luck reproducing the error today; previously it consistently appeared each run.

I guess it's good but this type of issue is annoying hehe.

/Martin
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi Martin,
I agree, I also dislike such unsolved puzzles!
No need for a support case, since it is working now there is nothing for them to fix. However feel free to export the logs using the Orchestrator UI (Admin\Logs page) and we will take a look here in R&D.
Thanks!