Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
glider777
Novice
Liked: never

Orchestrator plans fail no matter what I do

Post by glider777 »

I am trying to configure a DR plan for one app as a test.

All the readiness checks fail on RPO no matter what I select.

The groups I can select in the plan are just backup jobs, datastores or replication jobs.

In Administration if I try to add a recovery location (Restore recovery location) nothing shows up in the Add compute resources section.

I am missing something I think. I have two vcenters connected one at each site. I also have the orchestrator agent on the local orchestrator server and two veeam backup servers (one veeam server in secondary site runs everything and the server in primary site just has the console installed and can restore the config if secondary site goes down.

case number: 05319640
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Orchestrator plans fail no matter what I do

Post by Alec King »

Hello,
Thanks for raising a support case - I am sure our support team can assist. Regarding Restore Recovery Locations, you must use vSphere Tags in vCenter to mark hosts/clusters and datastores - then you can use them to create a recovery location. Please note that there will be some delay after you create tags before Orchestrator collects them.
Let us know if that helps!