The implementation we have now is indeed for all reports & scopes globally. This was the simplest to implement for the first version, however I'm glad to hear ideas on how it could be enhanced in future versions.
It sounds like you want to have one plan generate two reports, at different detail levels. Reason being the different audiences for the reports.
There are hidden complexities in achieving this (there always are
) for example, how to treat report email subscriptions and so on.
Anyway if I do understand your request, there is
a workaround in current version for the Plan Definition report. You can generate repeatedly for any detail level.
In the VAO web UI -
- Go to Orchestration Plans page
- Right-click your plan and choose "Update Definition Report"
- Go to Reports page
- You will see the new/updated Definition at the top of the table. Check the box and choose Download.
- Go to Administration\Reporting\Report Detail Level
and choose your other desired level (e.g. Minimum Details)
- Go back to Orchestration Plans page and "Update Definition Report" again
- Go to Reports page, the Definition report will have been replaced with a newly-generated one at the new detail level setting.
You can now download the updated report, and you have two versions with different detail levels.
However this workaround will only work for the Definition Report, as it can be generated on-demand in this way. Plan Test for example would have to be handled differently...
Let us know any more details of your use-cases for customizable reports, so we can consider them as we discuss the feature.
Thanks for the feedback!