Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
push3r
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Backup Job Warning alert not being sent via Email Channel

Post by push3r »

I got a Warning on one of the backup jobs in the Veeam Backup and Replication MP; however, no email was sent to me about this. I already have an email notification channel setup to send all warnings and critical alerts to my inbox.

Looks like this is default behavior? If so, how and where do I override this so that I would get an email for all backup jobs warning and critical alerts.

Please advise. Thank you.
sdogar
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Shahid Dogar

Re: Backup Job Warning alert not being sent via Email Channe

Post by sdogar » 1 person likes this post

hi dear did you check send test mail?
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Push3r,

Sorry for a long delay in our response. We did some additional tests and checked email alerting for backup MP once again and we can confirm that there is nothing special about Alerts in Veeam Backup MP, so your regular notification rule should be able to deliver the corresponding alert. Do you actually see Backup objects in the console? Do you see the alert itself?

Also, could you please send us the screenshot of your subscription configuration with the Criteria description? We would highly appreciate any kind of additional information which could help us to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Also a weird thought, but could it be that it's in the Junk mail blocked because of some words combination in the alert text or name of the backup job? :)

Thanks.
push3r
Enthusiast

Post by push3r »

I just updated to Version 7 of the Veeam MP. I wonder how can I create a test backup jobs alert to test this again.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

We think that it's easier to create a fake backup job with manual schedule that would always fail and test email delivery this way. Because our workflows are too complicated to easily generate a fake error event. In a normal situation workflow would check event, then Backup Job IDs, Session IDs, Session Task IDs, number of retires in WMI and other things. So fake backup job is easier :).

Thanks.
push3r
Enthusiast

Post by push3r »

Sergey,

I created a fake/test backup job, canceled it while it's running which it complained about incomplete snapshots, blah blah... I eventually got an Alert sent via the Email Channel from SCOM. Everything worked as expected.

Thank you!