Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
aboutblank
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Simen Ødegård

Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse

Post by aboutblank »

Hello!

Every morning between 7:00 and 7:30 I get errors in my SCOM event log like this:
Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse. The operation will be retried.
Exception 'SqlException': Management Group with id ''9B7A7FEE-5F20-C40C-5EB4-0C4A9DF70F10'' is not allowed to access Data Warehouse under login ''INTERN\om_hk_msaa''

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Veeam.Virt.Extensions.VMware.Report.DataSet.VMSnapshotDiscoveryRule
Instance name: Veeam VMware Collector
Instance ID: {A745D7B9-1723-F0F8-15EF-4D0FA982C50C}
Management group: HK-SCOM
There are 8 different errors, but they all are veeam workflows and share the same instance "Veeam VMware Collector".

I don't run that many reports, but I've never experienced any missing data.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse

Post by Mike Resseler »

Simen,

Did you already tried this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/945946 (I know the version says 2007 but...)

Thanks
Mike
aboutblank
Novice

Post by aboutblank »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the link. The wizard is a little bit different from 2007, so I'm really not sure what to do.

At step 7. it says "In the Name list, click the management server that generated the alert.", but on 2012 I have to select "All targeted objects" or "A selected class, group, or object".

What class, group or object should I target?

It seems like a proper configuration here will help. In the description of the profile it says "If specified, this account is used to run all Data Warehouse collection and synchronization rules instead of the default action account."
And the error in the eventlog is showing that it runs with the default action account.

I'm guessing this is not distributed to the servers because the management servers with the error is not a part of "All Management Servers Resource Pool".
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Simen,

Yes, I think that might be the problem. Can you go to the properties of those non-management servers resource pool and tell them to use the default action account? If that doesn't solve it, please log a support case and post the case-ID here. (And preferred the solution after that also for community reference :-))

Mike
aboutblank
Novice

Post by aboutblank »

Just wanted to let you know I've resolved the error by doing the following:

1. Edit the "Data Warehouse Account" profile.
2. Add Run As account
2a. Select "Data Warehouse Action Account"
2b. Target class "Veeam VMware Collector servers"
3. Save

The error dissapeared from my management servers after doing these steps :). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Simen!

Awesome news! Thanks for letting us know and for helping the community with the solution

Thanks!
Mike
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Simen,

Sorry for the inconvenience this error caused, you've brilliantly identified the root cause, in fact in the upcoming Update 3 we've already added a monitor which will provide pretty much the same instructions when this error happens.

Thanks.