Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
rHochmayr
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Hochmayr

Hyper-V and vSphere monitoring w. single SCOM server?

Post by rHochmayr »

Hi there,

We are running an infrastructure spanning accross Hyper-V as well as vSphere Hosts and where planning on trialing the new Management Pack for SCOM v7.

During the Installation we found out that the options to monitor either Hyper-V or vSphere seems to be dependent on the provided license file.

This brought up the question wether it is possible to monitor both, Hyper-V and VMware Hosts from a single SCOM Server / Veeam Mgmt. Pack Installation?

Many thanks for your ideas.

Rob
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Hyper-V and vSphere monitoring w. single SCOM server?

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Robert,

Yes it is possible to monitor both hypervisors using same services and even same/common base of Management Packs. When license contains both hypervisors, setup will allow importing of all management packs at the same time. Also you will be managing both MPs from the same UI.

With respect to a trial license - could you contact our sales department? I'm sure they can provide you with a single license for both hypervisors. I'll check why we don't have a merged license on the website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any other issues.
rHochmayr
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Hochmayr

Post by rHochmayr »

Hi Sergey!

Thanks for your quick reply, that sounds great.

We will get in contact with sales as you suggested to get hold of a combined license.

Hyper-V / Veeam Monitoring looks really good so far. Keen to get the "other side" monitored as well =)

Best regards,
Robert
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Robert,

I've checked with Marketing and Sales departments and they told me that a link/instruction to request a full license should be available in the email that you received after downloading a trial. We'll try to simplify download process for trial license for both hypervisors.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your interest in our product.