Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
chris_vm
Lurker
Liked: never

Processing Backlogged Events Taking a Long Time

Post by chris_vm »

Hi folks,

we're using the Veeam MP 5.7 in our SCOM 2012 UR3 environment to monitor four ESXi 5.0 servers. SCOM is alerting the upper mentioned "Processing Backlogged..." event for our nWorks collector nWorks Eventlog only recently after the monitoring has worked several months without any problem. I have cleared the eventlog when the alert appeared for the first time but some days after that it appeared again. The eventlog is not corrupted and works as expected but for any reason it is not possible to monitor it successfully. I have applied the collector agent settings via "Configure OpsMgr Agent" task once more to ensure that all necessary settings are still applied but this seems to do not the trick. The collector machine is furthermore anything but not used heavily. Currently we are facing approximately 2500 events in the nWorks eventlog per day.

Is there anybody who have some hint for me where to check to analyze that problem?
agolubnichy
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Alexey Golubnichy

Re: Processing Backlogged Events Taking a Long Time

Post by agolubnichy »

Hi Chris,

From the description it looks like a performance issue. To confirm the root cause, it will be good to open a case with support: http://cp.veeam.com/

Please, export nworks logs from nworks UI -> Help -> Export Logs and OpsMgr Event log from the affected agent+collector machine and attach to the case. We will take a look and let you know what we find out.

Regards,
Alexey
EricSjoberg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Sjöberg

Re: Processing Backlogged Events Taking a Long Time

Post by EricSjoberg »

I am also having problems with this.
Did you find any cause and/or resolution that you can share?

Thank you.