Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
velustar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kuar B

SCOM 2012 R2 : Veeam VMware: RunAs profile

Post by velustar »

Hi All,

We received an alert as "'Veeam VMware Direct ESX(i) Connection Account' is not configured".
also we see an update in the Product Knowledge as below.

Note: It is recommended to disable this monitor if you are not planning to use the vCenter Connection Failover feature or if you have the Enterprise license edition (Enterprise edition does not support vCenter connection failover).

Currently we are using Veeam Management Pack Enterprise Plus License.
So does this mean we can/should we disable the monitor "'Veeam VMware Direct ESX(i) Connection Account' is not configured" ?

Regards,
Kumar B
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: SCOM 2012 R2 : Veeam VMware: RunAs profile

Post by wishr »

Hi Kumar,

If you are not planning to use the vCenter Connection Failover feature the monitor can be disabled since it will be just generating unnecessary alarm noise. However, if vCenter downtimes are expected, you may want to give this feature a try - in this case, you will need to specify the RunAs account for direct connections to the hosts.

Thanks
velustar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kuar B

Post by velustar »

Hi Fedor,

I am not sure on vCenter Connection failover, which I can check with the relevant team.
However in the Product knowledge says that if we have the Enterprise license edition then we can disable the monitor.

In our environment we have""Veeam Management Pack Enterprise Plus License". so does this mean we can disable the monitor?
What is the difference between Enterprise edition License & Veeam Management Pack Enterprise Plus License.

Regards,
Kumar B
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Kumar,

The Enterprise Plus edition includes the given feature while the Enterprise edition license does not.

Thanks