Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
pslijkerman
Influencer
Liked: never

Some ESX servers do not report status

Post by pslijkerman »

Hi,

We are just starting to use Nworks for SCOM. We are monitoring 2 ESX servers through a VCenter server.
Those servers are monitored just fine and report all data from alerts to reporting data.

Last week i added 2 new ESX server (without a Vcenter server) but does servers do not report any data.
When i look in the _VI-API COnnections view in the opsmgr console the servers appear healthy, but no alerts are being received and when i view the full _Datacenter topology the servers appear but without any status info. The servers i earlier added appear with all their info.

I already tried Deleting the servers from nworks and re-added them again but no result. I don't see any error info in the Nworks Eventlog on the server.

Does somebody know what's wrong?
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Some ESX servers do not report status

Post by Alec King »

pslijkerman,

Please try the Rebuild Topology button from the nworks UI.
This is available on the Management Center tab, at both the Management Center level and by selecting each Collector under the Management Center node.

This will force a rebuild of the whole topology as seen in SCOM.
This discovery of new Hosts should be automatic, but it is possible it was missed for some reason (for example, if the SCOM agent was offline when our Collector threw the original Rebuild Topology event)

Let me know if that helps!
Cheers
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
pslijkerman
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by pslijkerman »

Hi alec,

Thanks for the reply. I did a topology update as you requested but no results.
Is it possible to e-mail you the Nworks log files?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Pascal Slijkerman
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi Pascal,

Sure - Please use the Export Logs button in nworks UI (Management Center tab), then email the logs to support@veeam.com.
Could you also export the logs from windows Event viewer on the nworks Collector server (= nworksEventLog and Operations Manager log)

We'll raise a support ticket for you and find out what's going on.

Thanks!
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software