Hello Community and Supporters,
I have pretty strange issue with the Veeam SC MPv8 on SCOM 2012 R2 UR6. I am currently doing PoC for the VMWare Monitoring with the Veeam SC MP for a big customer of mine. After installing and configuring the MP with two Collectors I noticed that some of the hosts (all in the same cluster) appear as not monitored (4 out of 16). The other components of those same hosts (VM Container, vSphere Host NIc Container, HBA Container, etc...) are shown as monitored and even the cluster itself is shown as "monitored" (only the State of the hosts is shown as "not monitored"). The Veeam UI shows them as "monitored" and the collectors are green (Available).
I already checked the forum threads and found only one with the same issue description, but unfortunately it hasn't been resolved:veeam-management-pack-for-microsoft-system-center-f1/host-not-monitored-t24557.html
What I have already done:
- I made sure the collectors are not overloaded. I have two collectors for 16 hosts and they are pretty powerful (8GB Ram, 4 vCPUs)
- I did a Rebuild of the Topology (Full)
- I moved the Jobs on only one collector to check if it somehow related to a specific collector.
- I have removed and re added the hosts for monitoring.
- I've restarted the the Health Service on both collectors.
- I've even restarted the servers themselves.
- "Act as proxy" is checked on all collectors.
- The collectors are shown healthy in both SCOM and the Veeam UI.
I would gladly open a case for this, but currently we are in a PoC phase and we have no support contract.
Many thanks in advance for all the help and hints.