Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
aperson
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: A Patel

Sync IO command alerts

Post by aperson »

We are a mixed environment of DL 380 G7/8 and all backend Storage is VNX. Whenever I deploy multiple VMs from a template, we now recieve these alerts...

I have no issues submitting an SR but just wondering if these have ever been noticed by the community in their enviornment.

We have over 20 hosts in the cluster and not near MEM/CPU capacity.

Alert: nworks vCenter: Host Warning Event
Source: xxvspherexx.xxxxa.com
Path:
Last modified by: System
Last modified time: 3/27/2014 2:31:16 PM
Resolution State: New
Resolved By:
Alert description: Issue detected on xxvspherexx.xxxxa.com in OAK: PowerPath: EmcpEsxLogEvent:1271:Error:emcp:PowerBottomDispatch: Path vmhba2:C0:T2:L20 : could not issue sync IO command: Tim (2014-03-27T19:29:47.270Z cpu22:4312)

Thank you..
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Sync IO command alerts

Post by Alec King »

Hi!

Looks like events from the EMC PowerPath storage subsystem which are fed to vCenter and then surfaced in our MP.

Our support team would be able to tell you if we see many customers with such events; and also could guide you to suppressing them in our MP (if you decide they are not relevant)

However to get to the root cause you'd need to investigate the storage subsystem, it's definitely throwing this warning event - probably something you should investigate with EMC support too.

Hope that helps!
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
aperson
Influencer
Full Name: A Patel

Post by aperson »

Sure does help. I shall submit a support request today and speak to our SAN team about engaging EMC support.

Thanks much!
A{
jasonbku
Lurker

Post by jasonbku »

Sorry about this being a old thread. But we are seeing the same error. I have engaged EMC and VMware still working through the logs. Can you shed some light on the issue you were having? What was the resolution?

Thanks