Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
KOA
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Oleg

Update License Error

Post by KOA »

I try to update License by Management center: Dashboard\License\Details\Update\ Choose License File veeam_nworks_mp_paid__1.lic and get Error Access is denied.
How can I upgrade my license?

P.S. I've already have installed license for 1 socket and try to add second license file with 1 socket.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Update License Error

Post by Alec King »

Hi Oleg,

Probably the account you are using to log into our nworks UI, does not have permissions to the registry on the nworks Management Center server.

Can you log into the nworks UI as a user with Admin permissions on the Management Center server? Then license import should succeed.

Note - we have changed this behaviour in v5.5, so that the Management Center service account will be used. When you upgrade to 5.5 you won't have this problem. There is an RC of 5.5 available on the website now :)

Please also note - you cannot "add" licenses to nworks. If you have purchased another socket, then please ask Veeam sales to issue you with ONE license file, that contains ALL your purchased sockets. Then you import that into the nworks UI. The Management Center only holds one license file at one time.

Hope that helps! Let us know,
Regards,
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
KOA
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Oleg

Re: Update License Error

Post by KOA »