Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
anotherITguy
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam VMware: Virtual Machine Disk Space Analysis

Post by anotherITguy »

I recently noticed that our "Veeam VMware: Virtual Machine Disk Space Analysis" monitor is not properly populating the "Drive Name" and "Free space MB" fields when a VM alerts when it's low on free space. The alert just displays the text "Drive Name - Free space MB" with no actual values listed. Has anyone seen this before and is so is there a fix?

Thanks.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Veeam VMware: Virtual Machine Disk Space Analysis

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Could you run "gwmi -namespace "root\nworks" -class "vmdiskproperties" | ? {$_.vmname -like "nDC"} | fl" (change "nDC" to the name of the affected VM) on a collector with the affected VM? There 's probably some anomaly exist in the list of disks on a virtual machine.

Thanks.
anotherITguy
Novice
Liked: never

Post by anotherITguy »

It looks like all the information for the VM's disks are present when I run that command.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

I would open a support case, we need to check your Operations Manager event log (maybe some issues with running monitor scripts, maybe unconventional decimal separator or thousands separator) and also I would check output of the WMI query which I sent you and overrides for the monitor (there is a possibility to exclude certain drives from the monitor scope).

Just open a support case and upload this information I'll instruct our TechSupport guys about your issue.

Alternatively you can also send me information via DM.

Thanks.