Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
fabio0775
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Fabio Storni

Virtual Center appliance performance problem

Post by fabio0775 »

Hi guys,
I have a big problem.
When i have tried enable to Veeam Management Pack for System Center for monitoring a vcenter esxi 5.5 with two hosts i have washed a big decrease of vcenter performance.
I have sawed a high load avarege on appliance (from command line with command TOP i check 20.0 20.0 20.0 and vcenter have 4 vcpu and 16 GB of RAM), when i have tried to log on vsphere client o vpshere web client i am not able.
After stop the monitoring from Veeam Managment Pack the performance problem disappear.

Thank you
Fabio
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Virtual Center appliance performance problem

Post by Alec King »

Hello Fabio,

Sorry you are having these problems. Certainly Veeam MP can monitor vCenter with only a very small impact; and in a system with only 2 hosts there should be no problems.
So there must be some configuration problem somewhere.

I wonder if SCOM server/database is also a VM, and is it on the same host as vCenter appliance? Because when our MP first starts, there can be a resource demand (CPU/memory/disk IO) from SCOM. Maybe SCOM VM and vCenter appliance are competing for resources?

In any case- can you please raise a support case for this? We will need the detailed logs and your configuration to analyse the problem.

Thanks!