VMguest, Windows Computer, Health Service Watcher, OH MY!

Unleash the power of System Center for vSphere and Hyper-V | Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V

Re: VMguest, Windows Computer, Health Service Watcher, OH MY

Veeam Logoby PatrikHansson » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 am

Is this still appliable in 8.0 update 4 ?
I'm populating a Group with my own extended class + HealthserviceWatcher (via target/id$) and trying to also get the VM's in there with the addition of your membergship rule.
Computer + Healthservicewatcher works, bot no VM's get populated.

/Patrik

sergey.g wrote:Hi Keith,

I've Figured this out very quickly. As Alec mentioend we've changed the relationship architecture a little bit, but everything is still in place to acheive what you need. Just change the Membership rule to the following:

Code: Select all
<MembershipRule>
<MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="VeeamVirtExtensionsVMwareLibrary7001862!Veeam.Virt.Extensions.VMware.VMGUEST"]$</MonitoringClass>
<RelationshipClass>$MPElement[Name="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary6172210!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities"]$</RelationshipClass>
<Expression>
   <Contains>
<MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="VMwareBaseDisc!Veeam.Virt.Extensions.VMware.VMwareVirtualMachine"]$</MonitoringClass>
<Expression>
   <Contained>
<MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]$</MonitoringClass>
      <Expression>
   <Contained>
<MonitoringClass>$Target/Id$</MonitoringClass>
   </Contained>
   </Expression>
   </Contained>
</Expression>
      </Contains>
</Expression>
     </MembershipRule>
PatrikHansson
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Patrik Hansson

Veeam Logoby PatrikHansson » Wed May 02, 2018 6:16 am

Never mind, it works. Just takes a lot longer to populate the Group. The other Group members appear directly after Group population but the VM's take alot longer.
So patience...

PatrikHansson wrote:Is this still appliable in 8.0 update 4 ?
I'm populating a Group with my own extended class + HealthserviceWatcher (via target/id$) and trying to also get the VM's in there with the addition of your membergship rule.
Computer + Healthservicewatcher works, bot no VM's get populated.

/Patrik
PatrikHansson
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Patrik Hansson

Veeam Logoby Alec King » Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 am

Hi Patrick,

Yes it does take longer for SCOM to evaluate the deeper hierarchy for group membership when using this code. It's internal to SCOM and not something we can control in Veeam MP.

Glad it's working for you now anyway. Thanks for the update! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Cheers,
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
Alec King
Veeam Software

Liked: 147 times

Previous

Return to Veeam Management Pack for Microsoft System Center