Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
evenmoreconfused
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Kroitor

Cannot Uninstall Trial of Free Version

Post by evenmoreconfused »

Hi -- I understand that tech support issues aren't supposed to be posted here unless there's a support ticket, but as we've only just started evaluation using the free version, I believe we don't qualify to create a support ticket. Nevertheless, it seems pretty basic that a free trial version would be able to uninstall, and this seems to be the only place to ask for guidance.

In summary:
- we briefly installed the free version on a test system to get the product's "flavour";
- we decided to go ahead and do a more formal install on a real box to get more experience with it;
- when we tried to uninstall the app from the test system, only one of the two created apps could be uninstalled;
- the remaining one (called simply "Veeam ONE" in the Apps & Features list) starts to uninstall, but quickly throws an error stating "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action" (the title of the dialog box is C:\ProgramData\Veeam\VeeamUnistaller.dat);
- so now our test system is stuck with half of install on it -- not a disaster, but not a great start either!

The system is a fully-patched Win 10 x64 version 1703 workstation, the Veeam ONE version says 9.5.0.3201.

Is there a way to get a support ticket for this kind of issue? Or is there a better place to report or post this issue? If so, please advise and I'll be glad to post there instead.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cannot Uninstall Trial of Free Version

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Latest versions of Win 10 (Fall Creators Update) and Windows Server 2016 (1709) are not supported by Veeam ONE yet. We are planning to introduce this support in the next update. On top of that, even if you're using FREE version of the software you're eligible for the technical support. Thanks!
evenmoreconfused
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Kroitor

Post by evenmoreconfused »

Hi again, thanks for the quick and informative response.

In the meantime we have resolved the immediate problem, as another method of uninstalling -- rerunning the main installer package and selecting "remove" -- does work as it should. If I have the time, I will reproduce the error and open a support ticket anyway just to give the tech people details they can use to debug the issue with using the Apps and Features uninstall mechanism.

It's good to know that the support infrastructure is available even for the free version. Most companies don't do this, and you deserve a tip of the hat (at least).

Thanks for the help,
Paul
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for updating the thread, good to know there is an easy workaround.
Once you open a support case, please post the case number here for us to follow the investigation.