Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
dewet
Lurker
Liked: never

Change sampling interval for different metrics

Post by dewet »

According to the kb article kb1820 I should be able to change sampling interval for different metrics in VeeamOne table monitor.PerfCounterInfo (using rt_interval and level2_interval). Is my assumption, that this value can be different for specific metric, correct? The value in registry on the app server confuses me :) What is it used for?
Thank you for your response
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Change sampling interval for different metrics

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Yes, there is way to change aggregation intervals for existing metrics, in order to make Veeam ONE scale better on larger infrastructures. Can you please clarify what you're after, so I could assist you better?

Thank you!
dewet
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by dewet »

Hi Vitaliy,
for example I would like to sample vw.host.disk.read.average 1 datapoint in 40 seconds minutes and for aggregated data 1 point in 10 minutes. Simultaneously I would like to sample vw.host.mem.latency.average 1 datapoint in in 5 minutes and for aggregated data 1 point in 20 minutes.
Is it ok then to set:
vw.host.disk.read.average rt_interval=40 and level2_interval=600
vw.host.disk.read.average rt_interval=300 and level2_interval=1200?

Should I also modify HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam ONE Monitor\Service\RtLevel2QueryInterval value somehow?

Thank you!
P.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Great job on discovering what should be done, this is exactly what you need to set for the required aggregation intervals. As to the registry key above, then it is no longer relevant for our collection engine.

P.S. don't forget to restart Veeam services after making these changes. Thanks!