Combining Veeam Availability Suite and Veeam ONE Licenses

Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V

Combining Veeam Availability Suite and Veeam ONE Licenses

Veeam Logoby mc1903 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi,

I need Veeam Availability Suite licenses for my Production hosts, as I am running backups on their VM's; but I would also just like to monitor the DR hosts (no backups - just replication targets) using Veeam ONE.

Is it allowed to combine Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise Plus and Veeam ONE Licenses?

Thanks
M
mc1903
Enthusiast

Liked: never
Full Name: mc1903

Re: Combining Veeam Availability Suite and Veeam ONE License

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi mc1903,

Veeam Availability Suite already gives you a license key for Veeam ONE (included in the bundle). Can you please clarify what do you mean by "combine"?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1145 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby mc1903 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi Vitaliy,

Yes, Veeam Availability Suite = Veeam Backup & Replication & Veeam ONE License bundle - I am happy with that.

Example... I have 30 vSphere ESXi CPU's - 20 in Prod and 10 in DR.

For the 20 CPU's in Prod I want a Veeam Availability Suite Ent+ license (as I will be backing up and replicating the VM on these ESXi Hosts and I want to monitor the hosts), but the 10 CPU's in DR are just replication targets (so no Veeam B&R license needed) but I do want to monitor them with Veeam ONE.

30 CPU's of Veeam Availability Suite Ent+ is considerably more expensive than 20 CPU's of Veeam Availability Suite Ent+ & 10 CPU of Veeam ONE.

Can I purchase and license 20 CPU's of Veeam Availability Suite Ent+ & 10 CPU of Veeam ONE in the same installation?

Thanks
M
mc1903
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 pm

I think it should be possible, at least from the product perspective (assuming that these license keys are bought at the same time). I would clarify with your sales reps what are the options of merging VAS and Veeam ONE license keys, since it is them who are managing this process.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby mc1903 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 am

Thank you Vitaliy,

I work for a Veeam partner - is there a direct Veeam pre-sales team I could email or should I go via a distribution partner?

All the best

Martin
mc1903
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am 1 person likes this post

I have forwarded your question to our UK sales team. They should contact you directly.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Return to Veeam ONE