Connecting Veeam One to Remote Customer Server

Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V

Connecting Veeam One to Remote Customer Server

Veeam Logoby EmergeTech » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 am

Hi all,

As a MSP, I'm attempting to use Veeam ONE to connect to all our customer servers running Veeam Backup and Replication so that I can monitor them all from one pane of glass and not have to remote into each individual server.

I've opened ports 135 and 445 on the customer's firewall to the server running Veeam B&R at the customer's site. However, when I try to add the server to Veeam ONE, I get the following error message:
Veeam ONE Monitor could not connect to <servername>. The object exporter specified was not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070776)

The Firewall packet capture indicates that traffic to the customer B&R server is hitting the server on Port 135 without issue.

Any help to put me back on the right path and get this sorted would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.
EmergeTech
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Darryl Smith

Re: Connecting Veeam One to Remote Customer Server

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Hello Darryl.

Can you please confirm that account your to access Veeam B&R server meets following requirements? Thanks
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 561 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby EmergeTech » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:49 am

Hi Dmitry,

I'm entering the credentials for the local administrator account on the remote server.

Cheers
EmergeTech
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Darryl Smith

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Does this happen on all Veeam backup servers? Can you please tell me if you're able to remotely connect to WMI of that backup server? If not, then make sure that this firewall configuration is also applied.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1248 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam ONE