Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

error / alarm for scanning only vbrs

Post by bkain1 »

Hello, we have some VBRs that only catalog netapp snapshots, they do not have their own jobs defined on the VBR. We had an issue with our proxy accounts being disabled but what, in Veeam One, would tell me that the vbrs cannot connect to their underlying netapp hardware so I'm alerted, if this ever happens again?

thank you
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: error / alarm for scanning only vbrs

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
proxy passwords (connection between VBR and proxy) are different to to do with Netapp passwords. So I'm not sure what your question is about.

If the password for a backup proxy changed, then the proxy becomes inaccessible and you get the backup proxy connection failure alarm after 5min https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/a ... =110#proxy

Best regards,
Hannes
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

Post by bkain1 »

No, not quite. they are cataloging netapp snap shots. I don't see what that has to do with the data mover proxy. If v1 can't catalog the snapshots because the proxy account for connecting to the netapp is disabled, what alarm would that be?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Becki,

VONE does nothing directly with NetApp or any other backup storage. All VBR-related information is pulled from VBR server, so if VBR "sees" an issue with a proxy server, it passes this data to VONE, VONE captures it, and raises an alarm.

Thanks