Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
hexcipher
Lurker
Liked: never

Exclude a VMwar VM from Alarm DUring Time Period

Post by hexcipher »

Is it possible to exclude a specific VMware Server monitored by Veeam One from an Alarm during a specific time period? I have a few servers that have jobs running during a specific time period that trigger the High CPU alarm. This happens every day and we do not want to be alerted. I can easily see how to exclude the server from the alarm or edit the alarm to not alert during a specific time period for all servers. Is this something I will need to do by making a copy of the current alarm, making the changes I need, applying it only to the servers in question, and finally excluding the mast alarm from this server?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Exclude a VMwar VM from Alarm DUring Time Period

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...that's an interesting use case. Can you please tell me what these servers are? How many of them do you have compared to the total number of hosts? Do you use any Business View groupings or you're using infrastructure tree as a main monitoring view?

On a side note, there is a way to exclude specific object from monitoring/alarming via maintenance mode. As far as I remember, we have implemented scheduling for this feature in v9, I can double-check it for you tomorrow.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Scheduling maintenance mode for these objects will be a way to go in this case. This feature is going to be available in v9, just confirmed.
fraack
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Post by fraack » 2 people like this post

Great new Feature. Some of my customers are also missing this feature especially for the virtual Veeam Components!