Feature Request

Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V

Feature Request

Veeam Logoby skonvols2k » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi,
referring to case 01859786, I have a feature Request regarding Veeam One Reporter, in particular the report "Protected VM":

Right now VMs are considered protected when backed up by one of the following jobs: Backup, Replication or Backup Copy. In my case they are backed up by SAN Rescan job (Netapp Snapshot used as primary destination) and that cause the VMs are erroneously reported as unprotected.

I need to produce information for audit and compliance records and right now, according to this report, I have an 100% of unprotected VMs, it's possible to add this feature?

Thanks
Kindly Regards
skonvols2k
Lurker

Liked: never

Re: Feature Request

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi,

Can you please clarify what do you mean protected by a SAN recsan job? Do you configure this job in NetApp? Protected VMs report only shows VMs that you have backups for, and creating SAN snapshot doesn't product backup files that you can send to the offsite location/store on 3rd party media.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby skonvols2k » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:03 am

Hi,
Yes, San rescan job is how support on indicated case calls a job that has primary and only destination a NetApp snapshot.

This is what Dimitriy E. wrote to me in last update:
"Got an update. The devs say that possibly these new types will be added, but later. May I suggest you go to the forum and make a feature request regarding those reports?"

This is why i opened this post.
Thanks
skonvols2k
Lurker

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:39 am

Ok, actually I meant to say that how is this job configured in your infrastructure? Is it a regular backup job using SAN snapshots for retrieving VMs data? If this is the case, then this is a bug in report and not a FR :)
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam ONE