Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
gbrew
Novice
Liked: never

HyperV Oversized VMs report shows no CPU oversizing

Post by gbrew »

Been struggling with this for several months now. Somewhere along the line, the Oversized VMs report for Hyper-V no longer shows any VMs that are overallocated from a CPU perspective. Unfortunately I can't pinpoint when it stopped, but I find it very hard to believe that out of almost 1000 VMs, all of sudden they're all getting used enough to not make the list, when previously probably 40-50% of the systems showed up. The part that leads me to believe that something is fouled up is that in the Oversized Virtual Machines by CPU portion of the report - it displays No data available. I've had an active case open with Veeam support during this time, and their only explanation is that the algorithms have changed and that none qualify any longer...doesn't pass the sniff test for me. That No data available is very suspicious - and we've determined that we're gathering metrics for all CPU counters. Any ideas?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: HyperV Oversized VMs report shows no CPU oversizing

Post by Shestakov »

Hello and welcome to the community!
Could you share the support case number?
As for no data available, do you see CPU and memory performance metrics in Veeam ONE monitor for the VMs you are building report on?
Thanks!
gbrew
Novice

Post by gbrew »

Thanks for your kind welcome! The case number is 02367946. I do see both CPU and memory metrics in the monitor, that's the perplexing part. In contrast, we have a smaller amount of Windows based VMs in VMware with similar usage patterns, and the same report behaves as expected.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

That means data has been collected successfully, but for some reason report doesn't show it. Maybe report parameters are not set correctly. Did you use Business View groups in the report scope?
I would also keep working with support team.
Thanks!
gbrew
Novice

Post by gbrew »

Doesn't seem to matter what I choose - I've been using the Virtual Infrastructure scope predominantly, but switched over the Business View object(s) - Sample Business View Category - VMs from A to I, J to R, etc. No difference...
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

I see. In this case detailed investigation is needed. I've seen that you are arranging webex with support team. That should clear up the situation.
Thanks!