Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
pkuikman
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Peter Kuikman

[feature request] integrate veeam one in vcloud director

Post by pkuikman »

I would be great if organisations could self monitor with veeam one via plugin in vcloud director. Not even sure if that's possible, but I heard some time ago that vrealize also could integrate with vcloud director for monitoring.
anthonyspiteri79
Veeam Software
Liked: 207 times
Full Name: Anthony Spiteri

Re: [feature request] integrate veeam one in vcloud director

Post by anthonyspiteri79 » 1 person likes this post

Hey Peter. It is possible to login to VeeamONE with the vCD tenant admin account and get a view of their Organization. Probably one of the least known features of VeeamONE actually. The only problem is that without a WebUI, VCSPs needs to somehow expose the VeeamONE Console (some have done this using remote desktop services with a published application) for the tenants to login to.

As far as feature requests go, I'm sure this will be taken onboard. We are looking at implementing a native vCD tenant Plugin at some stage (no ETA) however having that also report through VeeamONE metrics had not been considered and I think would be treated separately.

Out of interest... what are you most wanting to see exposed to tenants from VeeamONE for vCD Orgs?
Anthony Spiteri
Regional CTO APJ & Lead Cloud and Service Provider Technologist
Email: anthony.spiteri@veeam.com
Twitter: @anthonyspiteri
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: [feature request] integrate veeam one in vcloud director

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Peter,
Thanks for the request.
Just my 2 cents to Anthony's reply. Veeam ONE Reporter is web-based and it provides a bunch of vCD reports.